Please scroll down for the updated wish list x
Yesterday we received many visitors which was really wonderful, much love to everyone who came out. In addition to friends and some lovely local media bods, we were paid a visit by members of the local constabulary. They wanted to assess the situation and were cordial and pleasant. One officer even helped to tidy/clear up when it started to rain! Thanks very much, cup of tea? 🙂
It was a somewhat soggy but very enjoyable day on site today, seeing more visits from old and new friends of all ages. This support is really fabulous – please keep it coming! It was a day of celebration (the equinox and it’s promise of improving temperatures!) with some essential work being carried out in the process (mud control methods are now in place around the camp fire area – health and safety is important, kids!) and also some cosy chatting around a warming fire in the teepee.
More on the evenings events can be found at http://www.wrekinfriends.com/
We’re expecting more visitors tomorrow and throughout the week, please come and join us if you can. There is a great atmosphere developing in our little corner of the Shropshire Hills AONB 🙂
- The ‘food and tea situation’ is now under control (for the time being!) thanks for all the contributions x
- A wheelbarrow would make life much, much easier!
- Tarps and rope are always in demand, thanks to everyone who has helped out on this front but in this case more is definitely better!
- Gardening tools would be really useful what with the spring being in the air. Some large-ish pots/garden containers would be nice if anybody has any going begging?
- Rocket stove ‘ingredients’ – stove pipe, elbow, oil drum etc would be a really big help, for the purpose of feeding larger numbers of people with a much more efficient use of firewood!
- Materials for compost toilets. Anything we can use would be great with more people arriving. So far we only have a toilet seat or two – so really anything would help in this department.
- We’re trying to rig up some form of power generation on site. If you think you can help with this is any way, whether you can offer skills, advice or materials/equipment, all would be gratefully received.
- Anything else you think might be useful.
- You lovely people! Thanks again for all your support so far, please come and visit if you can. Free camping in an AONB – bring your friends!
As always please email defendhuntingtonlane(at)hushmail.com if you want to offer your support, or call the site phone on 07989 243057. Alternatively of course you could just drop by and share a cuppa.
That’s all for now, thanks again and keep watching this space.